SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Premier® Yarns Couture Jazz, Tan or color of choice – 12 balls
- Tapestry needle
- Sewing needle
- Chip clip
- Tape measure
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- Length: 60"
- Width: 36"
- Work evenly and consistently throughout.
- Save time, check your gauge.
- Prepare yarn by using a needle and thread to sew the ends of the skeins together, then wind into one giant ball. This will save needing to weave in lots of bulky ends. Try using a chip clip to secure held sts while working cable rows.
- To cast on: Make large slip knot about 2 yds from end of yarn, place slip knot on right arm. * With left hand twist a loop into tail, with right hand reach through loop and grab opposite end of yarn, pull yarn through loop and place on right arm to form a stitch; rep from * to cast on.
- To knit from right arm to left: Pick up working yarn in your right hand, slide next st on right arm over hand and off arm, place new stitch from right hand onto left arm.
- To knit from left arm to right: Pick up working yarn in your left hand, slide next st on left arm over hand and off arm, place new stitch from left hand onto right arm.
- To purl from right arm to left: With working yarn in front, slip next st from right hand and hold in left hand, reach through the st with right hand, grab working yarn, pull through st, place st on left hand.
- To purl from left arm to right: With working yarn in front of work, slip next st from left hand and hold in left hand, reach through the st with right hand, grab working yarn, pull through st, place st on right hand.
- To bind off (in either direction): Knit 2 sts, slide 1st st over 2nd st and off arm, * knit 1 st, slide 1st st over new st and off arm; rep from * until 1 st remains, cut yarn and pull through last loop.
- Visit Premieryarns.com for a video tutorial on Arm Knitting.
- C4B: Cable 4 Back – slip two sts from left hand and hold to back, securing the held sts with chip clip, knit next 2 sts, place held sts back on left hand, k2.
BLANKET FOR TREE SKIRT
- Cast on 20 sts.
- Rows 1-3: *P2, k4; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.
- Row 4: *P2, C4B; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.
- Rep Rows 1-4 until piece measures approximately 60".
- Bind off.
- Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- p = purl
- st(s) = stitch(es)