SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plain white & 0ff-white cards with envelopes
- Burlap cards with envelopes
- Embossed white cardstock (1 pkg.)
- Coordinating scrapbook papers
- Variety of ribbons
- Christmas embellishments
- Color pens
- Stamps & stamp pads
- Embroidery floss
- Small sewing needle
- Adhesive (tape runner, scrapbook tape)
- Craft glue
- Using embossed white cardstock, choose 3 different patterns. Cut 1 small square or rectangle from each pattern (differing size slightly for each).
- Tie ribbons onto each cut rectangle or square to make them look like presents.
- Arrange “presents” slightly overlapping and adhere each onto card with a scrapbook tape or craft glue.
- Use a color pen and write “'tis the season” below stack of presents on bottom of card.
- Using embossed white cardstock, cut a rectangle slightly smaller than card size.
- Wrap ribbon around rectangle 2 times and tie a bow in front.
- Use a color pen and write “believe” on lower right edge of rectangle.
- Embellish with a santa hat sticker above the word.
- Adhere embellished rectangle to the front of plain card with scrapbook tape or craft glue.
- Place dimensional ornament sticker directly onto front of plain card.
- Glue a piece of ribbon from the top of card down to the ornament.
- Tie a bow with ribbon and glue to top of sticker.
- Using a “Merry Christmas” stamp with red stamp pad, stamp in bottom right corner of card. Allow to dry.
- Cut a long thin rectangle from brown scrapbook paper. Adhere to front of card.
- Cut a piece of green ribbon (about 1').
- Place a very small dot of glue at top of rectangle and attach tip of ribbon. Hold in place until dry.
- Make a tree shape by wrapping the ribbon back and forth in a zig-zag. Attach each “point” with a small dab of glue and hold in place until dry.
- Cut a small star out of gold paper or use a star sticker for the top of the tree.
- Use a color pen and write “happy holidays” below tree on bottom of card.
- Using a ribbon with small poms, wrap into a circle to make a wreath.
- Position wreath onto front of card with the connecting ends on the bottom.
- Glue ribbon in place with a small amount of glue. Allow to dry.
- Tie a small bow out of a red ribbon and position on bottom of wreath to hide where the ribbon connects. Glue in place. Allow to dry.
- Use a color pen and write “JOY” inside the wreath directly on card.
- Cut approx. 15 small triangles out of metallic gold scrapbook paper.
- Position triangles onto front of card to create a banner look.
- When you have desired position, remove one at a time to write your letter onto each triangle and place back with tape or glue.
- Repeat until you have completed writing and adhering each triangle.
- Use a color pen to write your letters, be careful to use a pen that will not smudge on the metallic paper.
- Cut a shape of a dear head with antlers out of plaid scrapbook paper.
- Using a small needle and embroidery floss, add stitches around the edge of the cut shape. Knot together and snip ends of floss so they won’t be seen.
- Adhere your stitched paper deer head to the front of a burlap card with scrapbook tape or craft glue.