SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 7" embroidery hoops (3)
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Paint: Champagne Gold
- 1/2 yd off-white linen fabric
- DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread, 3yd./2.7m
- Sulky Thread, Gold
- Disappearing ink marker
- Design template
- Paint the outer ring of each of the three embroidery hoops with the champagne gold paint. Allow to dry.
- Cut six 9" square pieces of the fabric.
- To print the templates, click on the "See Project on JoAnn.com" link (below). Trace each of the words from the design template onto a piece of fabric with the disappearing ink marker.
- Position one of blank pieces of fabric over the embroidery hoop to use as backing, then layer the piece with the design on top. Secure in the embroidery hoop and then repeat for each word.
- Poke the end of the memory thread into the beginning of the L in the word LET. Fold over 1/4" of the memory thread on the back of the piece and secure with the gold thread. Using the couching stitch, work around the design of the word, securing the memory thread to the fabric. Leave an approximate 6" tail between each hoop when reaching the end of the design. At the end of the last hoop, poke the memory thread through the end of the W in SNOW, and fold over on the back as before. Repeat for the top line of the exclamation point and for the crossings of the T’s in the previous hoops.
- To dot the i in it and the bottom of the exclamation point, use the gold thread and embroider the snowflake using the backstitch.
- Basic sewing supplies