SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd. fabric for mitt & lining
- 1 pkg 1/2" double fold bias tape
- 1/2 yd insulating material
- 1-1/2 yd ribbon
- Various cooking utensils
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Use 1/2" seam allowance.
- To print the pattern, click on the "See Project on JoAnn.com" link (below). Enlarge pattern.
- Cut 4 mitts patterns from fabric and 2 from insulating material.
- Pin or baste insulating material to WS of mitts.
- With RST, sew mitt front and back; clip curves and turn RS out.
- With RST, sew mitt lining front and back; clip curves.
- Slide lining into mitt, making top edges even.
- Cut a piece of bias tape to go around top edge of mitt.
- Open tape and stitch to top front edge.
- Fold bias tape to inside and hand or machine stitch in place.
- Cut a 4" piece of bias tape for hanger; edge stitch both long sides.
- Fold in half and stitch to mitt back.
- Tie ribbon into bow around mitt and fill with various utensils.