SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 skeins Bernat® Roving in “rice paper”
- Assorted small amounts of several yarns for pom-poms
- Bernat® faux fur pompom
- Cable needle
- Circular knitting needle size 10-1/2, 32"
- Ball head straight pins
- Yarn needle
- Clover® Pom-Pom Maker - sizes large & extra-large, tape measure
- 7 1/2"x50" strip of polyester quilt batting
- Silver 3/4" ribbon
- Hand sewing needle & thread
- Tacky glue
- 16" extruded Styrofoam® wreath form
- Tape measure
Stitch Explanation: cable
2/2LC (2 over 2 left cross): slip 2 stitches to cable needle and hold in front of work. Knit 2, then knit 2 from cable needle
Cast on 168 stitches
Knit 2 rows (do not join, work back and forth)
Work 4 repeats of 8-row pattern:
Row 1: [P2, K4], repeat to end of row
Row 2: [P4, K2], repeat to end of row
Row 3: [P2, K4], repeat to end of row
Row 4: [P4, K2], repeat to end of row
Row 5: [P2, K4, P2, 2/2LC], repeat to end of row
Row 6: [P4, K2], repeat to end of row
Row 7: [P2, K4], repeat to end of row
Row 8: [P4, K2], repeat to end of row
Wrap wreath in layer of quilt batting (long edge to long edge) tacking in place on back of form.
Encase wreath in knitted fabric by 1st pinning in place (cast on edge to bind off edge) then sewing in place on back of form. Overlap if necessary.
Embellish with purchased or hand made pom-poms (follow directions on Clover® Pom-pom Maker package), loops of silver ribbon and leaf shapes cut from felt. Embellishments can be pinned, sewn or glued to form.